Earn 4 CPE credits in the field of taxes while learning about the most prevalent errors found on individual tax returns.
- Hazy situation, two seemingly similar cases, yet one results in ordinary tax treatment, the other capital treatment. (Heads they win, tails we lose)
- Individual income tax cases regarding income, adjustments, itemized deductions and dependency
- When “Gifts” can be taxable
- Failing alimony’s same household requirement
- The last word in alimony is not always the best word
- When a “rollover” is not a rollover, the Claim of Right Doctrine
- How many Schedule A filers after TCJA?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- Don’t get caught watching the paint dry, the IRS “Future State” initiative
- The future of Social Security
- Does aggregating passive activities also aggregate “At-Risk”?
- Failure to report income witnessed by 20 million people
- Form 8938 for reporting foreign financial assets and updated rules. How much trouble results in not filing a FinCEN Form 114?
- Chained CPI Index and Social Security – Is the horse within the gates?
- What are the risks with non-traditional IRA investments?
- Develop strategies that will assist in not only avoiding mistakes but also in providing the best advice to your clients
- Achieve significant insight into the major mistakes that can be made in individual tax and financial planning
CPAs who wish to get a deeper insight into underlying tax law for some common client transactions that many offices have seen, plus some not so common client transactions
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation